There’s no doubt about it, Halloween has come to stay. The scariest party in the USA is now a European festivity. Neither children nor adults can resist the urge to dress up and organise a fun party.
We have a menu prepared for a scary dinnertime meal!
STARTER: HAM AND CHEESE MUMMIES
- Sliced bread, pizza or pastry dough
- Slices of cooked ham and cheese
- Tomato sauce
- Black olives
- Firstly, we need to choose which base we want between sliced bread, pizza dough or pastry dough (homemade or premade). Whichever of the three options is good!
- Once you have chosen the base, cut it into rectangles and soak it in tomato sauce.
- Next, place a slice of cooked ham that is the same size as the base on top.
- Then, cut the cheese into strips and lay them crossways over the ham.
- The black olives are the final touch. Cut them in half (take out the stone if they have them) and place them together for the mummy eyes.
- To finish, bake them in the oven for 5-10 minutes at 180º if you have chosen the sliced bread or 15-20 minutes if you have opted for pizza or pastry dough.
MAIN COURSE: ZOMBIE FINGERS
- Chicken breast
- Corn flakes
- Whisked egg
- Salt and black pepper
- Olive oil
- Tomato sauce or ketchup
- Black olives
- Firstly, cut the chicken breast into strips, season them with salt and pepper and then cover them in batter: starting lightly with flour, then with the whisked egg and finally with the corn flakes that should be previously crushed a little.
- Next, fry the chicken strips in hot oil until golden brown. When they have turned this colour, take them out and leave them to settle on kitchen paper, getting rid of any excess oil.
- To finish, add a bit of tomato sauce or ketchup on one end and, on the other, a black olive without the stone to give the appearance of a nail.
DESSERT: GHOST DESSERTS
- 6 bananas
- Wooden skewers
- 100g white chocolate for melting
- Chocolate chips
- A tablespoon of butter
- The first step is to peel the bananas and cut them down the middle. Next, put the skewer through one side of the banana that has been cut without allowing it to pass through to the other side.
- Place your banana skewers onto a baking tray, cover them in plastic or aluminium foil and leave them in the freezer for 2 hours.
- Then, melt the white chocolate in a pot, or if you prefer, in the microwave and add the tablespoon of butter. Once it is nearly melted, mix it well, take it off the stove and let it cool down a bit.
- Take the bananas out of the freezer and dip them in the white chocolate.
- To finish, take the chocolate chips and use them for the ghost eyes and mouth. Your ghosts are now ready!