Of shiny sand, perfect waves, vertiginous cliffs, black dunes and long stretches of volcanic rock. The tour of beaches around Lanzarote will take you north to south, from paradise to paradise. You will find beaches where to practise surf, beaches for you to get away from it all, beaches with the best ambiance, beaches for you to sunbathe and read… You choose.
Lanzarote is the northern most island of the Canary Islands and it features 200 km of coast full of idyllic nooks where to sunbathe and let time pass by. Places ideal for admiring the Atlantic Ocean breaking against the volcanic heritage of this land. Authentic oasis of holidays designed for travellers with children who are looking for a quiet setting and who want to spend a holiday with their couple or with friends in an eclectic destination.
If you want to make the most of this stunning island of lunar landscape, do not miss a tour around its most emblematic beaches (from La Graciosa to the southern area), with Playa Blanca as the main tourist reference. One of our most complete hotels, the THB Tropical Island, lies precisely in Yaiza, from where you will be able to plan getaways to the most emblematic beaches of Lanzarote. Take note and discover Lanzarote!
– Playa de las Conchas: The promised paradise. The most stunning nook of sand and sea you can imagine is hidden in Chinijo island, in front of Lanzarote’s northern coasts. It is the most beautiful beach of La Graciosa: long, of fine sand, rich sea beds, crystal clear waters only matched by those of the Caribbean… Nevertheless, the area offers few services.
Playa de las Conchas by Lanzarote3.com
– Famara beach: Are you a sports person? Kite and surf lover? The Caleta de Fama is then your place in the world. A long beach of perfect waves, surrounded by stunning arid mountains and framed by the blue skies and golden sands. A total of 6 km of entertainment with beach clubs serving typical dishes of the area, like papas con mojo (potatoes with spicy sauce) and lapas (limpets).
– El Pozo beach: If you want to live the experience of lying on a beach of black sand, far away from the most tourist beaches of Lanzarote, visit El Pozo beach (also known as Quemada beach). It is a place where to forget about the world and get away from it all. Without broadband coverage or tourist services.
– Papagayo beach: Valued for its crystal clear waters and quiet ambiance, Papagayo beach stands out on Playa Blanca coast for being framed by one of the most stunning landscapes of Lanzarote, at the foot of the so-called Monument of the Ajaches. It is a beach of white and golden sand, with areas of volcanic rocks and quiet waters, with little swell.
– Los Charcones beach: More than a beach, it is a group of small coves surrounded by rocky areas merging into the sea and creating original sea beds. It is located near Playa Blanca, but it is not recommendable for children, but as a refuge for couples who want to relax and get away from it all.
– Charco beach: Our recommended beach for you to practise nudism in Lanzarote. It is a really small beach with rocky areas and crystal clear waters. Its name (meaning “puddle”) is the best description of this nook of the island, also called Charco del Palo. The beach is surrounded by other coves ideal for practising nudism.
Charco Beach by Filmcommission
– Tías beaches: The main group of beaches in the centre of Playa Blanca. Most of them are beaches of fine sand, pleasant and familiar ambiance, crowded some days —especially in summer— but very comfortable and with services for visitors. Very recommendable for children, as they are Blue Flag beaches.
– Flamingo beach: One of the reference beaches in Yaiza for its beauty, its complete services and its stunning waters. We also highlight its pleasant palm tree woods behind the sand, which create shade areas ideal for summer. Another hallmark of this beach is that it has a calm swell thanks to the breakwater which protects the windiest area.