At THB hotels we know that the smell of recently-made home cooking is very relaxing and so with the aim of making your return to school, work and routine easier, we offer a delicious, healthy and, most importantly, simple recipe for you to try.
Although we have to admit that we cannot take all the credit… In September we had the opportunity to work with Elena Sánchez, finalist on the fifth edition of the TV talent show, MasterChef. The Seville-born finalist enjoyed the stunning island of Ibiza at our new hotel, THB Naeco Ibiza Class****.
Maybe it was the wine or the good food, in either case, however, Elena decided to toss her swimming costume aside and put on an apron to make an exquisite artichoke risotto, alongside our chef.
- 150g of Arborio rice
- 1 onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 glass of white wine (better if it is Manzanilla or Fino [dry whites])
- 500g of artichoke hearts
- 1L of vegetable broth
- 60g of parmesan cheese
- 40g of butter
- 100g of Spanish Iberian ham
- Baby leaves for the garnish
- Finely chop the onion and the garlic and sauté together.
- Once the onion and garlic are soft, add the rice and leave for 3 minutes.
- Next, add the glass of wine, making sure it covers all the rice.
- Let it soak for 2-3 minutes until all the alcohol has evaporated and then, bit by bit, add the vegetable stock. Do not stop stirring the rice.
- Wait for 13 minutes and, with 2 ingredients left to finish the dish, add 40g of butter and the parmesan cheese.
- Turn off the stove and add the previously preserved artichokes and the Iberian ham.
We hope you like it as much as we have!